Sunday, June 7, 2015

Limited Grace

  Limited grace, how odd the sound
  that somehow saved just me.
  I know not how my soul was found
deserving more than thee!

I dare not look at life closely;
not ours, not yours, or mine.
I'd rather keep thinking simply
lest Christ should change his mind.

When my journey of life is through,
will I finally care;
asking about the rest of you,
wond’ring why you’re not there?

If heaven seems too small a place
you might want to explore,
“What earthly good’s a thing like grace
if not offered to more?”


© 2015 Todd Jenkins

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful irony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this on my PC versus my phone for the first time in I don't know when. And that picture on the main page of your blog. Wowzers.

    Anyway, this: "“What earthly good’s a thing like grace
    ♩ if not offered to more?” God help us.

    ReplyDelete