Saturday, May 30, 2015

Baring All

Photo by Lee Lindsey McKinney

Who would dare to use
    the precious resources
        of human life to record
            their thoughts and feelings
                for others to read?

                Somewhere between an open
            invitation to the slings and arrows
    of others' critiques and a presumption
of overinflated ego lies a heart

    that recognizes helpful writing
        as nothing more or less
            than a return to spiritual consciousness
                that lies within each human soul.

                    The only words worth sharing
                are those that open us all
            to the triangular conduit
        between our deepest selves,
    the core of others,
and the heart of God.


© 2015 Todd Jenkins

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say this is the internal battle that has worn me down as of late: "Somewhere between an open invitation to the slings and arrows of others' critiques and a presumption
    of overinflated ego lies a heart..." I'd also have to say that holy little bread crumbs keep pulling me towards another post and another, when my not always pressed ego wants to shut down and hole up because I'M not getting what I thought I should. See a theme there? Groan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sometimes feels like the more personal and painful the words that bubble to the surface are, the deeper they must be planted, and the less I understand why they needed to be planted in the first place. Some days, it's all I can do to dig them up from their shallow and secret graves in my historic woods and give them a respectful resting place in the crazy garden on therapy hill.

      Delete