Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Touchscreen

A few weeks ago I dreamed that I sat up in bed and there, in front of my face was a Google-glasses-type touch-screen. I could see everything in my room, but there was an overlay with a big red button labeled, "Adjust Last Friday's Weather."

I thought/said, "How can you adjust something so big and beyond your control as the weather a week after it has happened?" Then I tried to remember last Friday's weather. It rained, and rained, and rained (in my dream remembrance) until it flooded. So I reached out and touched the "Adjust" button.

The next thing I knew, I was canoeing down a river with my son. We were talking, fishing, and had scuba gear with us so we could dive and explore. I noticed that the river had some unusual flow patterns, as if there were all sorts of irregular geological formations along its bed, so I asked him what river we were on and what he thought we might find on our dive. 

He said, "We're not on a river. This was field and forest before last Friday's rain. There's no telling what cool stuff we'll find."


© 2015 Todd Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment