Friday, January 20, 2012

Tank You!

The “H” on my almost-smartphone’s keypad doesn’t work very well any more. I often have to return to text messages, emails, and other writings to insert the missing Hs before I post them. Since “tHank you” is oft-repeated in my world, I often find “tank you” on the screen.

Sometimes I am tempted to leave the H out (which is very different from “Getting the H out…”). If you ever get a “tank you” message from me, I hope you stop and think at least three things about it: [1] I probably meant “tHank you.” [2] I hope your “tank” – your reservoir of grace, love, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, and all of God’s gifts – is increased by every expression and receipt of gratitude. [3] Remember/recognize that my “tank” is overflowing from having seen the image of God and the reflection of Christ in you.

Tank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment