Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hanging In

The blog had some "issues" over the weekend, and I came within an eyelash of moving to another blog-hood, but that would have been a pain for me and anyone else who was interested in following, so I'm gonna stick it out with blogger.

Used my broken-pieces-of-seashells collection (that I collected from Panama City Beach last Thanksgiving) in both worship services to remind us all that:
[1] the church's call is not to try and super-glue our cracked and shattered lives back together in HGTV fashion, but instead to embrace the path of Eucharist-- to allow ourselves to be Blessed, Broken, Poured Out and Shared;
[2] we are all broken pieces of something much larger-- God's plan for our individual, family, and corporate lives.

Oh yeah, and we also sang our way through the rubrics of worship with "Parting Union." The change of pace in singing so many times was a little challenging, but I think it all fit together to provide us with musical guidance through worship.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you have broken out the path of Eucharist - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete