Monday, March 26, 2012

Transform or Transfer?

How did we move so far away from our potential for “transformation” and become such an addicted “transfer nation”? From the corporate ladder to ever-increasing speeds and methods of transportation, we are forever climbing and racing toward something and somewhere, and seldom aware of where we are in any given moment. It is as if we believe that success, and maybe even life itself, are defined and measured by kinetic energy. 

Because we accept the second law of thermodynamics, which posits that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, perhaps we have convinced ourselves that we have improved on Descartes. It’s not, “Cogito ergo sum” – “I think, therefore, I am.” but “Agitatio ergo sum.” – “I move, therefore I am.” The key to our existence, in which we need to rest and reside, is “Deus cresco ergo sum.” – “God is, therefore I am.” Don’t base your PhD thesis on my Latin; just live your life in each transforming moment of the Master’s presence! 




© 2012 Todd Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment