Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Songs of Freedom

(For all those whose flowers are picked before they bloom.)

“Surrounded by Your Glory,
what will my heart feel?”
How many times do you think
they wondered and pondered this?
And how many times
did you wonder it for them?

“Your rivers full of mercy
are flooding every thirsty soul
and making all things new.”
Make all our souls, O Lord,
thirst for you; you alone.
Let our broken hearts also be made whole.

“We’ve been blessed to be a blessing
with enough to give enough.”
Let not these few years
have been in vain.
Give us the hearts to see and share
the more-than-enough we received.

“My chains are gone,
I’ve been set free.”
Unfetter us, O God,
that we might proclaim
the liberty of your grace, the hope of faith.

“Will I dance for you, Jesus?
Or in awe of you, be still?”
How many times has the dance been mentally practiced?
How awesome it must be
moving beyond rehearsal to worship!

(“I Can Only Imagine” Mercy Me; “See Them Come” Ken Bible; “Blessed to Be a Blessing” Brown, Borop, Liles, Cloninger; “Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)” Chris Tomlin & Louie Giglio)

© 2010 Todd Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment